New for 2017: Volvo
Volvo continues its transformation for the 2017 model year, adding the gorgeous new S90 sedan and V90 wagon models to the lineup. The S60, V60, and XC60 finally ditch their old turbocharged 5-cylinder engine for Volvo’s modern turbocharged 4-cylinder “Drive-E” engine in the base T5 variants. Powerful new Polestar versions of the S60 and V60 also arrive to give Volvo performance credibility, and a super-luxe XC90 Excellence delivers over-the-top opulence.
Detailed changes for each Volvo car and SUV are shown on the pages that follow, the vehicles listed in alphabetical order.
- S60 T5 model gets a new turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine and 8-speed automatic transmission
- T5 models available with all-wheel-drive for the first time
- Performance-tuned Polestar model gets 362-horsepower, turbocharged and supercharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine
- Volvo says the S60 Polestar is the quickest car it has ever built, accelerating to 60 mph in 4.4 seconds
- Polestar models also have lightweight 20-inch wheels, re-tuned steering, and upgraded brakes
- Road departure mitigation system added to list of driver assistance and collision avoidance technologies
- Updated Volvo On Call system
- New wheel designs and paint colors