2024 GMC Hummer EV SUV Preview
- Electric Hummer SUV
- Seats five people and offers up to 81.8 cubic feet of cargo space
- Up to an estimated 830 horsepower and 11,500 lb.-ft. of torque
- Provides up to 300 miles or more of estimated driving range
- Compatible with up to 800-volt/300-kW DC fast charging
- Supplies numerous exclusive off-roading technologies
- Prices from about $80,000
- The release date for first editions is early 2023
Once guilty of profligate consumption of fossil fuels and a symbol of callous corporate contribution to climate change, the Hummer SUV returns as a clean, green, go-anywhere machine. This time around, the new 2024 GMC Hummer SUV is electric, loaded with impressive technology, and priced from about $80,000.
Based on the same platform and components as the new GMC Hummer EV Pickup, the Hummer EV SUV offers two rows of seating for up to five people. It comes in 2, 2X, 3X, and Edition 1 trim levels; the latter already sold out. Upgrading from standard 2 trim to the Hummer EV SUV 2X adds off-roading technology, while the 3X equips the SUV with a more powerful 3-motor drive system.
The 2024 GMC Hummer EV SUV release date is early 2023 for the Edition 1, followed by the 2X and 3X in spring 2023. The most affordable model, the Hummer EV SUV 2, becomes available in spring 2024.