2022 Volvo C40 Recharge Preview
- Fastback version of the XC40 Recharge
- Estimated 210 miles of range using EPA calculation methods
- Two-motor electric drive with an estimated 402 horsepower
- Accelerates to 60 mph in approximately 4.7 seconds
- Recharges overnight in eight hours using an 11-kW Level 2 charger
- Achieves an 80% charge in 40 minutes using a 150-kW DC fast charger
- Offers 14.6 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seat
- Built in Ghent, Belgium, on the same line as the XC40 Recharge
- The 2022 Volvo C40 Recharge release date is early 2022
Volvo does not define the new 2022 C40 Recharge. Conceptually, the C40 Recharge is an SUV coupe, an XC40 Recharge with a fastback roofline and less interior space. It has the same electric drive system, provides the same performance and driving range, and has the same interior design and technology. But Volvo seems content to let you determine what its new electric vehicle is.
Regardless of what you decide, the C40 Recharge is Volvo’s first purely electric vehicle. You cannot get one with an internal combustion engine. It’s also the first of the company’s vehicles exclusively available through its new online sales model for purchase or subscription at non-negotiable prices. And it comes with an interior that is 100% free of animal products.
If this sounds good to you, Volvo is taking deposits and reservations for the new C40 Recharge. It goes into production near the end of 2021 and arrives in the U.S. in early 2022.