2022 Subaru WRX Preview
- Redesigned sport compact sedan
- Turbocharged engine, all-wheel drive
- Manual or continuously variable transmissions
- New infotainment and driving assistance technologies
- 2022 Subaru WRX release date is early 2022
The Subaru WRX needs no introduction. Steeped in Subaru rally racing history, and long a piece of forbidden fruit lusted for by American driving enthusiasts, the WRX finally came to the U.S. twenty years ago and has prevented the brand “Subaru” from becoming totally synonymous with “SUV” ever since.
Now, the 2022 Subaru WRX gets a full redesign, and it’s been a long time in coming. The car finally moves to the Subaru Global Platform that the Impreza adopted for the 2017 model year, but this isn’t the same car. Available as a 4-door sedan, the new 2022 WRX comes in Base, Premium, Limited, and new GT trim levels. It’s got a new turbocharged 4-cylinder engine paired with a manual or continuously variable transmission (CVT), and, naturally, standard all-wheel drive with active torque vectoring.