2022 Lexus LX Preview
- Redesigned luxury SUV
- Five levels of specification, including new F Sport trim
- Capable off-road with Lexus Driving Signature on-road
- Twin-turbocharged V6 engine
- 10-speed automatic transmission
- Lexus Interface infotainment system
- Lexus Safety System+ 2.5
- If you wanted a new 2022 Toyota Land Cruiser, this is it for Americans
The Toyota Land Cruiser is dead (in the U.S. market). Long live the Toyota Land Cruiser.
Purists might be unhappy about the departure of the Land Cruiser from American shores, but the move makes sense. After the Lexus LX launched in 1995, it became increasingly difficult to sell a Toyota at a Lexus price. So something had to give, and it was the Land Cruiser nameplate.
If you can get past that loss, the good news is that the all-new Land Cruiser available in other parts of the world is also going on sale here. You just need to look for it at your local Lexus dealership. The redesigned 2022 Lexus LX 600 is a refined example of the Cruiser and comes in Standard, Premium, Luxury, F Sport, and Ultra Luxury trim levels.
Don’t worry. In addition to its luxurious look and feel, the new 2022 LX 600 should continue to offer all of the off-roading capability for which its forebears were legendary, now combined with 21st-century technology and what sounds like dramatically improved on-pavement ride and handling qualities.