2022 Lexus IS 500 F Sport Performance Preview
- First Lexus model in new F Sport Performance line
- Unique exterior styling including a raised hood, dark chrome window trim, exclusive, 19-inch Enkei wheels
- Naturally-aspirated 5.0-liter V8 engine making 472 horsepower and 395 lb.-ft. of torque
- 8-speed Sport Direct Shift automatic transmission
- Standard Dynamic Handling Package, Adaptive Variable Suspension, limited-slip differential
- No pricing announced; window sticker of about $65,000 is likely
- Expected to arrive in dealerships in the fall of 2021
Lexus is getting more serious about performance. As evidence, look no further than the 2022 Lexus IS 500 F Sport Performance. The first vehicle in a planned line of new F Sport Performance models, the Lexus IS 500 affirms the brand's intention to compete on equal footing with its competition.
The new 2022 Lexus IS 500 has a 472-horsepower V8 engine under its bulging hood, giving it a significant boost in power compared to the IS 350, which uses a 311-horsepower V6. In addition to the V8 engine, the IS 500 also features a variety of additional performance components.