2022 Land Rover Defender V8 Preview
- New supercharged 5.0-liter V8 engine
- Upgraded drivetrain, suspension, steering, brakes, and exhaust
- Shades of white, gray, and black, with occasional pops of color and shine
- Upgraded Pivi Pro infotainment with standard wireless smartphone charging and larger touchscreen display
- Defender V8 sits atop both the 90 and 110 series lineups
- Prices to be announced closer to Defender V8 release date
A V8 engine was always a part of the original Land Rover Defender’s go-anywhere attitude and do-anything character. Now, the 2022 Land Rover Defender V8 returns the rugged yet refined SUV to its roots with a significant infusion of power and performance.
Land Rover offers the new V8 engine in both the Defender 90 and Defender 100 model series. It tops the lineup and comes with numerous engineering enhancements that help a driver to make the most of the power on the pavement. Land Rover also says the new V8 engine improves the Defender’s low-speed off-roading capabilities, especially when traveling over rocky terrain.
Additionally, the entire 2022 Land Rover Defender lineup sees a handful of changes, including a larger available touchscreen display for its Pivi Pro infotainment technology.