2014 Mercedes-Benz A-Class Preview
- New 5-door compact hatchback model
- Mercedes says the A-Class signals shifting consumer preferences
- Offers numerous available safety features
- Full smartphone integration is optional
- Available in Europe in late 2012; coming to America in early 2013
Exterior FeaturesThe Mercedes A-Class, redesigned for global markets but new to the U.S., is a compact 5-door hatchback designed to provide premium features in a small, fuel-efficient package. Equipped with what Mercedes calls a diamond pattern grille treatment, a chrome 3-pointed star emblem, and LED running lights and taillights, the A-Class features a low 0.26 coefficient of drag, which helps to improve fuel economy, the company says.