New for 2010-Mazda
2010 Mazda 3: The 2010 Mazda 3 is completely redesigned. Highlights include more powerful engines, new colors, and new available features such as Bose Centerpoint audio, rain-sensing wipers, dual-zone climate control, adaptive front lighting and keyless entry with push-button starting. Sedan, hatchback and Mazdaspeed variants return for 2010.
2010 Mazda 5: For 2010, the Mazda 5 gains standard traction and stability control on all trim levels, and there's a new Liquid Silver paint color available.
2010 Mazda 6: The 2010 Mazda 6 sees minor equipment and trim level changes after a redesign for 2009. A new Touring Plus trim level arrives and the pricey Grand Touring model loses standard equipment.
2010 CX-7: The 2010 Mazda CX-7 crossover SUV is significantly updated. A new standard engine produces less power but greater fuel economy. Styling is freshened inside and out, modifications are made to quiet the interior and deliver improved handling, and a blind-spot information system is now optional.
2010 CX-9: Mazda gives the 2010 CX-9 a mid-life update with new design cues, revised interior trim, repackaged option groups, and a new Dolphin Gray paint color.
2010 MX-5 Miata: The Mazda MX-5 Miata received a significant update for 2009, so changes for 2010 are minor. The SV model is gone, the Sport model is no longer offered with the power-retractable hardtop, and both the Havana Brown interior color and Marble White exterior paint are eliminated for 2010.
2010 RX-8: The 2010 Mazda RX-8 can be painted any way you want, as long as it's Sparkling Black, Liquid Silver, Aurora Blue or Velocity Red with a Black interior. The Touring trim level is discontinued, and Grand Touring models get a power sunroof and satellite radio.
2010 Tribute: The 2010 Mazda Tribute sees changes to the color palette, cancellation of V-6 trim levels except the Grand Touring, and added standard equipment to other Tribute models.
2010 Mazda 3Mazda's best-selling model, the Mazda 3 is completely redesigned for 2010. Highlights include more powerful engines, new colors and new available features such as Bose Centerpoint audio, rain-sensing wipers, dual-zone climate control, bi-Xenon adaptive front lighting and keyless entry with push-button starting. Sedan and hatchback variants return, along with the high-performance Mazdaspeed model.
- Redesigned for 2010
- Sedan and hatchback body styles
- Performance-oriented Mazdaspeed model returns
- Six trims: 3i SV, 3i Sport, 3i Touring, 3s Touring, 3s Grand Touring and Mazdaspeed
- Standard 148-horsepower, 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine on 3i models
- Standard 167-horsepower, 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine on 3s models
- Standard 263-horsepower, turbocharged, 2.3-liter 4-cylinder engine on Mazdaspeed model, good for top speed of 155 mph, says Mazda
- Mazdaspeed includes limited-slip differential, oversized disc brakes, sport suspension, and performance tires mounted on 18-inch wheels
- Available Bose Centerpoint sound, Sirius satellite radio, navigation system, Bluetooth connectivity, rain-sensing wipers, bi-Xenon adaptive front lighting system, leather, power sunroof, dual-zone climate control and keyless entry with push-button starting
- New colors: Velocity Red Mica, Celestial Blue Mica, Gunmetal Blue Mica, Liquid Silver Metallic and Graphite Mica
2010 Mazda 5For 2010, the Mazda 5 gains standard traction and stability control on all trim levels, but loses seemingly insignificant features such as body-side moldings, side turn signal repeater lights, a glovebox light, and black headlight bezels for up-level models. A new Liquid Silver paint color is available, and Black paint can no longer be matched with Sand interior.
- Mazda deletes a number of features from the 2010 Mazda 5 this year, including body-side moldings that can protect against door dings, side turn signal repeater lights that can warn drivers in your blind spot that you're changing lanes, the little light inside the glovebox, and black headlight bezels on the Touring and Grand Touring models that just look sportier
- Traction and stability control are now standard on all trim levels
- Sunlight Silver paint is replaced by Liquid Silver
- Sand interior no longer offered with Black paint
2010 Mazda 6The 2010 Mazda 6 sedan sees minor equipment and trim level changes after a redesign for 2009. The biggest changes include a new Touring Plus trim level and a significant de-contenting of the pricey Grand Touring model. Many features that were standard on the Grand Touring model last year have been bundled into a new Technology package option.
- New Touring Plus model is offered on the Mazda 6i and Mazda 6s
- Touring Plus includes a power sunroof, Bluetooth, blind-spot monitoring, security alarm, electroluminescent gauges, and ground illumination in addition to Touring standard equipment
- Mazda 6i Grand Touring is now offered only with an automatic transmission
- Mazda 6s only available in Touring Plus and Grand Touring trim levels
- Grand Touring models gain a standard power sunroof and Bose premium audio system
- Formerly standard features on the Grand Touring model are now offered in a Technology package that includes advanced keyless entry with push-button starting, HomeLink, auto-dimming interior mirror, Sirius satellite radio, memory for the driver's seat settings, power front passenger's seat, Xenon headlights, LED taillights, rain-sensing wipers, heated auto-dimming exterior mirrors, and automatic headlights
- Grand Touring models equipped with Technology package get a new multi-information display in the dashboard
- All models have an auxiliary input jack for plugging in portable music devices
- Touring, Touring Plus and Grand Touring have a standard 6-disc CD changer
- Touring no longer offered with electroluminescent gauges or advanced keyless entry with push-button starting
2010 Mazda CX-7Mazda makes significant updates to the sporty 2010 CX-7 crossover SUV. Chief among them is a new standard engine with less power but greater fuel economy. Styling is updated inside and out, modifications are made to quiet the interior and deliver improved handling, a blind-spot information system is now optional, and several color choices have been swapped out for new hues.
- Model designations changed, depending on engine choice. Lineup includes i SV, i Sport, s Touring and s Grand Touring
- New 2.5-liter 4-cylinder serves as the entry-level engine on the CX-7 i models
- Continuing on CX-7 s models is the turbocharged, 2.3-liter 4-cylinder engine from 2009
- The 2.5-liter 4-cylinder is the same engine found in the Mazda 3 and Mazda 6, and is rated to deliver 161 horsepower at 6000 rpm and 161 lb.-ft. of torque at 3500 rpm
- Fuel economy with new engine is 20 mpg city/28 mpg highway
- Fuel economy also improved for turbocharged engine on CX-7 s models
- Styling is updated to keep the CX-7 in line with the rest of the Mazda family, with a new grille, new bumpers, new fog light surrounds and revised trim
- New wheel designs for all trim levels
- Revised dashboard design with multi-information display
- New steering wheel with Bluetooth controls on most models
- Interior d_cor is upgraded for a more refined look and feel, including new cloth and leather selections
- Mazda makes minor improvements to suppress noise, vibration and harshness
- Improved body rigidity and suspension re-tuning deliver improved ride and handling, according to the manufacturer
- All CX-7 models except i SV have Bluetooth hands-free communications
- Grand Touring models have memory seating, 4-way power front passenger's seat, rain-sensing wipers, unique gauge cluster lighting, Bose audio system, Sirius satellite radio, power moonroof, reversing camera, and compact navigation system as standard equipment
- New blind-spot information system is available on Grand Touring
- Stormy Blue Mica and Liquid Silver Metallic replace True Silver Mica, Liquid Platinum Metallic, Galaxy Gray Mica and Icy Blue Metallic on the paint chart
2010 Mazda CX-9Mazda gives the 2010 CX-9 a mid-life update with new "Nagare"-themed design cues, revised interior trim, repackaged option groups, and a new Dolphin Gray paint color replacing Black Cherry on the color wheel.
- Mazda updates the 2010 CX-9's styling with the same "Nagare"-themed design cues that have other models in the lineup laughing all the way down the road
- New headlights, fog lights, grille and bumper in front
- New taillights and rear trim in back
- New side mirrors are larger and more aerodynamic
- New chrome and piano black interior accents
- New standard seat fabric and higher-quality optional leather
- New center console design with double-lid opening
- New steering wheel design
- New Dolphin Gray paint choice replaces Black Cherry
- Option package content shuffling
2010 Mazda MX-5 MiataThe 2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata received a significant update for 2009, so changes for the new model year are minor. The basic SV model has been dropped, and the Sport model is no longer offered with the power-retractable hardtop. Mazda also ditched 2009's Havana Brown interior color, offered only with Marble White exterior paint, which is also eliminated for 2010.
- Basic SV soft-top model is cancelled
- Sport model no longer offered with power-retractable hardtop
- Marble White paint choice eliminated, along with the Havana Brown leather that was exclusively available with it
2010 Mazda RX-8The 2010 Mazda RX-8 can be painted any way you want, as long as it's Sparkling Black, Liquid Silver or Velocity Red. And if you choose the R3 version, Velocity Red and Aurora Blue are your only choices. Inside, the only color offered is Black-Red and Dune Beige leather have been punted. Likewise, the Touring trim level is gone. Grand Touring models, however, do get a standard power sunroof and Sirius satellite radio.
- Touring model is eliminated, leaving Sport, Grand Touring and R3
- Power sunroof and Sirius satellite radio are now included on Grand Touring models
- Liquid Silver paint replaces Diamond Gray and Sunlight Silver
- Crystal White paint is dropped
- Red and Dune Beige leather choices are cancelled
2010 Mazda TributeThe low-volume 2010 Mazda Tribute sees several changes, including the cancellation of V-6 trim levels, added equipment to remaining models, and changes to the color palette.
- Tribute V-6 no longer offered in Sport or Touring trim; Grand Touring only, and engine is now flex-fuel compatible
- Ambient exterior temperature display added to all remaining Tributes
- Tributes with a manual transmission get automatic locking and unlocking doors
- Grand Touring and all Hybrid models receive a HomeLink garage door opener, auto-dimming rearview mirror, and a reversing camera with embedded mirror display
- Hybrid Touring models get a standard power sunroof and overhead console
- Grand Touring V-6 model receives standard towing package
- Steel Blue and Ingot Silver are new colors
- Colors that are cancelled include Sport Blue, Blue Spark, Brilliant Silver, Light Sage and Kiwi Green