New for 2017: Ford Trucks, SUVs, and Vans
Ford Trucks, SUVs, and Vans 2017 Model OverviewFord’s pickup truck lineup sees big changes for 2017. First, the automaker introduces a new 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 engine with a 10-speed automatic transmission. Second, the long awaited F-150 Raptor arrives, ready to tackle rugged terrain. Third, the Super Duty lineup is completely redesigned, returning in F-250, F-350, and F-450 model series. The SUV and van lineups are largely carried over, except for the popular Escape, which gets a major mid-life update.
Detailed changes for each 2017 Ford truck, SUV, and van model are shown on the pages that follow.
2017 Ford Edge
- Ford has not announced changes for the 2017 Edge
2017 Ford Escape
- Compact crossover SUV gets a substantial refresh for 2017
- Revised exterior styling; updated interior with new steering wheel, improved cupholders, more storage area
- Sync 3 infotainment system adds Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone-projection technology
- Available Sync Connect with Ford Pass app, adaptive cruise control, forward-collision warning, lane-departure warning, lane-keeping assist, drowsy driver alert, active park assist
- New 1.5-liter EcoBoost 4-cylinder engine with 179 horsepower
- 2.0-liter EcoBoost 4-cylinder engine adds twin-scroll turbocharger, makes 245 horsepower
- Both EcoBoost engines gain automatic engine start/stop technology
- Sport Appearance package with blacked-out trim, dark-finish wheels, sport seats, leather, and more
2017 Ford Expedition
- New Limited Appearance package debuts with darkened wheels, trim, and accents
- Platinum trim level gains a standard adaptive damping suspension with Comfort, Normal, and Sport modes, as well as standard 22-in. wheels
2017 Ford Explorer
- New XLT Sport Appearance package provides darker exterior finishes for the wheels, grille, mirror caps, and rear trim, along with Dark Earth Gray leather-bolstered front seats with simulated suede trim
- New colors: White Gold, Canyon Ridge, Smoked Quartz
2017 Ford F-150
- New twin-turbocharged, 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 engine with 375 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque
- New 10-speed automatic transmission
- Baja-inspired Raptor performance truck arrives, with new EcoBoost drivetrain and a long list of modifications designed to give the truck significant off-roading capability
- STX Appearance package debuts
- Sync Connect with Ford Pass app offered for all except XL trim level
- New colors: White Gold, Lightning Blue, Avalanche
2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty
- Super Duty truck lineup is completely redesigned
- Aluminum bodywork on a fully boxed frame
- Frame utilizes 95% high-strength steel, is 24 times stronger, and up to 350 lbs. lighter than old truck, according to Ford
- Stronger axles, reworked suspension and steering
- Standard 6.2-liter gasoline V-8 engine generating 385 horsepower and 430 lb.-ft. of torque
- Available 6.7-liter Power Stroke turbodiesel V-8 engine making 440 horsepower and 925 lb.-ft. of torque
- New 6-speed TorqShift-G automatic transmission
- Supplies maximum conventional tow rating of 18,000 lbs., payload capacity of 4,100 lbs.
- Available Sync Connect with Ford Pass, adaptive front steering, adaptive cruise control with forward-collision warning and brake-support system, specially optimized blind-spot warning system accounting for 33-foot trailers, rear cross-traffic alert, lane-departure warning, cargo box camera, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System, trailer reversing guidance system, in-cab trailer tire-monitoring system, available 110-volt/400-watt AC inverter outlet, Live Drive power takeoff provision
- XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, and Platinum trim levels
2017 Ford F-350 Super Duty
- Features mirror those of F-250 Super Duty
- Equipped with 6-speed TorqShift automatic transmission
- Maximum conventional tow rating of 18,000 lbs. (single-rear-wheel trucks)
- Maximum fifth-wheel tow rating of 27,500 lbs.
- Maximum gooseneck tow rating of 32,000 lbs.
- Maximum payload capacity rating of 7,630 lbs.
- Maximum gross combined weight rating of 40,000 lbs.
2017 Ford F-450 Super Duty
- Features mirror those of F-250 Super Duty
- Standard 6.7-liter Power Stroke turbodiesel V-8 engine
- Equipped with 6-speed TorqShift automatic transmission, and the largest brakes in its class, according to Ford
- Maximum conventional towing capacity rises to 21,000 lbs.
- Maximum fifth-wheel towing capacity rises to 27,500 lbs.
- Maximum gooseneck towing capacity rises to 32,500 lbs.
- Maximum gross combined weight rating is 41,800 lbs.
2017 Ford Flex
- Ford has announced that Flex production will continue through 2018
- New colors: White Gold, Blue Jeans, and Burgundy Velvet
2017 Ford Transit
- Transit 350 regular-wheelbase model added to lineup
- 3.7-liter V-6 engine standard for dual-rear-wheel models
- Standard LED lighting for cargo area
- Upgraded standard stereo speakers
- Available walk-through center console
- New power running board option for the passenger’s side
- Broader availability of aluminum wheels
- New White Gold paint color
2017 Ford Transit Connect
- XLT and Titanium trim levels add automatic headlight operation, rear park-assist sensors, a 6-way power driver’s seat, and roof rails as standard equipment
- Short-wheelbase model offered in Titanium trim
- Titanium trim level gains standard Sync 3 infotainment system with 6.5-in. touch-screen display (optional for XLT)
- New Guard Metallic paint color
Popular on NADAguidesMost Dependable Trucks: 2018 Vehicle Dependability Study
Most Dependable Family SUVs: 2018 Vehicle Dependability Study
10 Most Popular Midsize SUVs and Crossovers
Most Reliable Crossovers and SUVs in 2017
Most Reliable Luxury Crossovers and SUVs Under $60,000 in 2017