2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Preview
- Segment-buster that combines compact SUV attributes with an open cargo bed
- Significant amount of secure, lockable storage in bed
- 190-horsepower 4-cylinder or 275-hp turbocharged 4-cylinder
- Front-wheel or all-wheel-drive
- Standard wireless Apple CarPlay and wireless Android Auto
- Expect 2022 Santa Cruz prices to finalize from the mid-$20,000 range to around $40,000.
- Deliveries should begin in late summer of 2021
Hyundai has officially unveiled the 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz compact pickup, the first truly small pickup truck available to Americans in years.
Based on the same platform as the redesigned Hyundai Tucson compact crossover SUV, the new 2022 Santa Cruz comes with four doors, 5-passenger capacity, and seating accommodations similar to those in the Tucson. But instead of a covered cargo area, the Santa Cruz has a 4-foot cargo bed with an under-bed trunk and a secure, locking tonneau cover.
The new Santa Cruz will offer a choice between two 4-cylinder powertrains and front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive. The standard 4-cylinder will team with an 8-speed automatic transmission, while the available turbocharged engine pairs with an 8-speed dual-clutch transmission (DCT).