2022 Hyundai Elantra N Preview
- Performance-tuned version of Hyundai Elantra sedan
- Turbocharged 4-cylinder engine making 276 horsepower
- Acceleration to 60 mph in just over five seconds
- Full steering, braking, suspension, and structural upgrades to maximize performance, ride, and handling
- Numerous technologies to enhance acceleration, driving character
- Arrives in showrooms late 2021
With the 2022 Hyundai Elantra N, there’s a compelling new sports sedan to consider. At Hyundai, the N stands for Nürburgring, a racing track in Germany where the automaker fine-tunes the ride and handling of its vehicles during development. Based on my experience driving a camouflaged pre-production example of the new 2022 Elantra N on the serpentine roads laced across the mountains near Malibu, California, this car is legit.
Available only as a 4-door sedan, the Elantra N is not to be confused with the Elantra N Line. The N Line has a sporty look, more power, and better handling than a typical Elantra, and it even offers a manual gearbox. But having driven both examples of the car, I can tell you that the Elantra N Line and the Elantra N are worlds apart when it comes to outright performance.