2022 Ford Maverick Preview
- Genuinely small crew-cab pickup truck
- Hybrid and turbocharged drivetrains
- Front-wheel or all-wheel drive
- XL, XLT, and Lariat trim levels
- Standard 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Available Ford Co-Pilot360 driving assistance technologies
- Where is the Ford Maverick made? Mexico
- What is the Ford Maverick release date? Fall of 2021
Remember when compact pickup trucks were actually small? The all-new 2022 Ford Maverick returns a truly compact pickup to the U.S. market, where it will compete against the also-new Hyundai Santa Cruz for customers eager to own a legit small truck.
But the 2022 Maverick has an ace up its, umm, air intakes. It comes with a standard hybrid powertrain that Ford says will return about 40 mpg in the city. And the base price is a caramel latte south of $20,000, not including the destination charge to ship it from the Mexico factory that builds it to your local dealership.
The new Ford Maverick comes only in a crew cab body style with a short 4.5-foot cargo box holding 33.3 cubic feet of cargo. Trim levels include XL, XLT, and Lariat, and an FX4 Off-Road Package is available for all-wheel-drive versions of the truck.
The 2022 Ford Maverick release date is in the fall of 2021, but you can order one now on Ford’s website.