2022 Chevrolet Silverado ZR2 Preview
- ZR2 off-road trim is brand-new for 2022
- All Silverado models have a redesigned front end
- Most versions of the truck feature an updated interior
- Most models get a larger touchscreen and digital gauges
- Super Cruise hands-free driving assistance is available
- 2.7-liter turbo-four engine adds more torque
- 3.0-liter turbo-diesel tows more weight
The 2022 Chevrolet Silverado ZR2 is an off-road-oriented truck that takes Chevy’s full-size pickup beyond the existing Trail Boss in terms of capability. Plus, it showcases numerous changes that also apply to the rest of the 2022 Silverado lineup, such as revised styling, updated infotainment technology, and more standard safety equipment.
Chevy offers the updated 2022 Silverado in several cab configurations and trim levels. You can choose between regular, extended, and crew cabs in Work Truck, Custom, LT, RST, LT Trail Boss, ZR2, LTZ, and High Country specification.
Multiple engines are also available, though not as many as before. They include a more powerful turbocharged gas 4-cylinder, a more capable turbocharged diesel V6, and a couple of good old-fashioned V8s. But the new 2022 Silverado ZR2 comes only with the 420-horsepower 6.2-liter V8 engine.