NADAguides Media Room
NADAguides Names the 2013 Kia Sorento Featured Vehicle of the Month for June
NADAguides.com, the leading online provider of vehicle pricing and information, announces the 2013 Kia Sorento as the Featured Vehicle of the Month for June. The Sorento is Kia’s best-selling model, accounting for more than 25 percent of the brand’s sales last year. A strong entry in the highly competitive and mid-size SUV segment, the Sorento is Kia’s first vehicle built in the U.S. at Kia’s manufacturing plant in West Point, Georgia.
For 2013, the Sorento gains interior enhancements that strengthen its value proposition, from standard leather seating for the mid-level EX trim and a standard third row seat for the LX V6 to new technology including the option of a voice-activated infotainment system based on a Windows™ Embedded Automotive platform. NADAguides.com analysts appreciated the refined interior, fit and finish and noted consumers have three well-equipped trim levels to choose from now – LX, EX and SX, each offering a suite of technology and convenience features that buyers expect in the mid-size SUV category.
The Sorento offers a number of powertrain options including an available 2.4 liter, four-cylinder, GDI engine that provides class-leading four-cylinder horsepower (191 hp) and fuel economy at 32 mpg/highway. NADAguides.com analysts were impressed with the Sorento engine’s responsiveness and noted the availability of two other powertrains including a 3.5-liter, V6 providing 276 horsepower and a 2.4-liter Multi-Port Injected (MPI) four-cylinder engine producing 175 horsepower.
The Sorento underwent a complete redesign three years ago and the new, sleek styling is not only turning heads it’s opening pocketbooks as this generation Sorento is Kia’s first model to sell more than 100,000 units in a single year. NADAguides analysts were impressed by the dynamic design and its “just right” size in the competitive mid-size category, offering consumers the convenience of versatility while still appearing compact in size.
The 2013 Kia Sorento has a starting MSRP of $23,150 for the two-wheel drive, base LX and goes up to $33,400 for the AWD V6 SX.
• Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development at NADAguides.com:
“The 2013 Kia Sorento continues the hot streak started three years ago with the new design and is a great choice for those shopping in the mid-size SUV category. With thoughtful comfort and technology updates added this model year, the Sorento makes a compelling case for value and judging by its popularity among consumers will keep its status as a best-seller for another year in a row. We found it to be an excellent vehicle with all the power, features and versatility buyers demand today, making it an easy choice for Featured Vehicle of the Month of June.”
• Michael Sprague, Vice President of Marketing and Communications at Kia Motors America:
“The Sorento offers the perfect combination of style, performance and value and Kia is honored it has been recognized by NADAguides.com as the Featured Vehicle of the Month. Accolades such as this illustrate how the Sorento has helped propel Kia to 21 straight months of record sales and continued market share growth.”
2013 Kia Sorento Highlights
• Engine: The 2013 Kia Sorento offers three engines – an advanced 2.4-liter GDI four-cylinder engine providing class-leading 191 horsepower and fuel-efficiency of 32 MPG highway; a 3.5-liter V6 providing class-leading 276 horsepower and 248 lb-ft. of torque and the affordable and efficient 2.4-liter Multi-Port Injected (MPI) four-cylinder engine producing 175 horsepower and 169 lb.-ft. of torque. NADAguides analysts noted that all the engines are coupled with a six-speed automatic transmission with Sportmatic™ shifting control and that consumers can choose either two-wheel or all-wheel drive configurations.
• Interior: Inside the Sorento, consumers will find a well-appointed cabin and a versatile interior, providing seating configurations for five to seven passengers. With 142.5 cubic feet of interior volume with five seats or 149.4 cubic feet with seven, the Sorento is spacious with generous head and legroom for optimum comfort. Analysts at NADAguides.com also noted the ample cargo space (37 cubic feet) to accommodate both passenger and cargo needs for a variety of trips.
• Technology: The 2013 Kia Sorento offers an impressive slate of technology features that come standard, including an AM/FM/CD/MP3/Sat audio system with SiriusXM™ Satellite Radio, auxiliary and USB audio input jacks for connecting personal MP3 players, and Bluetooth® wireless technology connectivity with steering wheel-mounted voice activation controls to enable hands-free operation for all compatible mobile phones. Other creature comforts include standard air conditioning, a tilt and telescoping steering wheel with integrated audio controls and an EcoMinder™ Indicator that assists with fuel-efficient driving habits.
• Safety: The Sorento is equipped with a variety of standard safety equipment including driver and passenger advanced front airbags, front seat-mounted side airbags, first and second row side curtain airbags and front active headrests, four-wheel Antilock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Stability Control (ESC) and Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD). Hill Start Assist Control (HAC) and Downhill Brake Control (DBC) also come standard on all models. DBC assists in preventing the vehicle from rolling backward when trying to pull away from an uphill gradient, while HAC helps keep the vehicle moving straight and steady down steep grades. NADAguides.com analysts like the fact that all the safety equipment is standard across all trim levels.
• Price/Warranty: The 2013 Kia Sorento has a starting MSRP of $23,150 for the base LX and goes up to $33,400 for the AWD V6 SX. The Kia Sorento comes with an industry-leading 10-year/100,000 mile limited powertrain warranty, a five-year/60,000 mile limited basic warranty and a five-year/100,000 mile anti-perforation warranty. A five-year/60,000 mile roadside assistance plan is also part of the comprehensive vehicle coverage.
About NADAguides.com Featured Vehicle of the Month
The NADAguides.com Featured Vehicle of the Month provides consumers with practical information on new cars, trucks and SUVs chosen by the analysts at NADAguides.com for exceptional performance, efficiency, features, options and appeal. The featured vehicle of the month is chosen based on its competitiveness within its respective segment. NADAguides’ analysts compare MSRP, engine and horsepower, MPG, warranty, first year depreciation, sales and incentive volume as well as the list of standard features on each vehicle to determine the best vehicle in the segment.
NADAguides.com (http://www.nadaguides.com/) is the largest publisher of the most market-reflective vehicle pricing and information available for automotive, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, RVs, and manufactured homes. NADAguides.com offers in-depth shopping and research tools including, a broad range of data, products and services, informational articles, as well as tips and advice. NADAguides.com also produces software, mobile applications, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks. NADAguides.com is an alliance partner of NADA Services Corporation.