NADAguides Media Room
NADAguides Must Consider List for Summer 2012
NADAguides, the leading online provider of vehicle pricing and information, announces its Must Consider vehicle list for Summer 2012, which includes the 2012 Buick Verano 4 Door Sedan Convenience Group, the 2012 Kia Optima 4 Door 2.4L Auto LX, the 2012 Kia Sportage AWD 4 Door EX, the 2012 Subaru Impreza Wagon 5 Door Auto 2.0i Sport Limited and the 2012 Toyota Matrix Wagon 5 Door FWD.
The NADAguides Must Consider List highlights vehicles that may not necessarily be at the top of consumers’ minds, but are worthy of a closer look for in-market new car shoppers. Vehicles chosen for the Must Consider List are competitively priced within their respective segments and hold their value well but are not seeing much in the way of advertising, promotional support, press or recent sales.
NADAguides analysts have highlighted specific trim levels that possess a combination of quality engineering, design and features, good performance and fuel efficiency resulting in noteworthy success for each vehicle’s intended function and overall value.
NADAguides Must Consider List for Summer 2012
• 2012 Buick Verano 4 Door Sedan Convenience Group – The Buick Verano combines luxury and technology features at a very reasonable price point and elegantly flaunts the new design direction of the brand. Powered by a standard Ecotec 2.4 liter, four-cylinder, direct injected engine producing 180 horsepower and mated with a six-speed automatic powertrain, the Verano achieves an estimated 32 mpg on the highway. NADAguides.com analysts were impressed with the Verano’s E85 capability, enabling buyers the ability to choose Ethanol in addition to regular gasoline. A 2012 Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS) Top Safety Pick, the Buick Verano offers a host of safety features including 10 standard air bags, anti-lock brakes, full-function traction control, electronic brake force distribution, brake assist and OnStar with Automatic Crash Response. The 2012 Buick Verano has a starting MSRP of $22,585 and goes up to $25,595 with the Leather Package. The Buick Verano comes with a 4 years/50,000 mile basic new-vehicle warranty, and roadside assistance for 5 years/100,000 miles.
o “We were impressed with the Verano’s thoughtful design, luxury appointments, quiet ride and full suite of safety and technology features, making it a vehicle that should definitely be considered.” Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development for NADAguides.
o "With its strong mix of purposeful technology, luxury amenities, and expressive styling at an attractive price, Verano is gaining momentum in the marketplace and bringing new buyers into Buick showrooms. Verano sales have increased every month since launching in late 2011, and more than half of those customers are new to Buick and GM." Roger McCormack, Buick Product Marketing Director
• 2012 Kia Optima 4 Door 2.4L Auto LX – The 2012 Kia Optima is a mid-size sedan with FWD and seating for five and exciting design elements. The Optima 2.4L Auto LX trim has a standard 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine that produces 200 hp and 186 lb-ft of torque and is paired with a 6-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission that enables the Optima to achieve fuel mileage within an EPA estimated range of 22 mpg city to 35 mpg highway. The LX comes with an impressive list of standard technology features including AM/FM/CD/MP3/Satellite audio system with SiriusXM™ Satellite Radio capabilities and three months complimentary service, Bluetooth® wireless connectivity, and steering wheel-mounted audio controls. In addition, the Optima LX features cruise control and an Active Eco System that allows drivers to optimize fuel efficiency while driving. Standard safety equipment includes advanced airbags, vehicle stability management, electronic stability control, traction control system, brake assist system, electronic brake-force distribution, and tire pressure monitoring. The Optima LX has an MSRP of $21,000 and is backed by a 5-year/60,000-mile warranty
o “The Optima offers the space, features and technology consumers demand in the popular mid-size sedan category with the peace of mind of an excellent warranty and a competitive MSRP, Smooth driving, comfortable and sexy,” Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development for NADAguides.
• Kia Sportage AWD 4 Door EX -- The 2012 Kia Sportage is a compact crossover powered by a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine that produces 176 hp and 168 lb-ft of torque and is mated with a 6-speed automatic transmission. The fun-to-drive and functional Sportage has an EPA estimated fuel economy range of 21 mpg city to 32 mpg highway. The popular EX trim comes with a host of standard technology features including UVO powered by Microsoft,® premium audio with HD Radio®, rearview back-up camera, back-up warning system, fully automatic dual-zone temperature control A/C, a power driver's seat, automatic headlamp system, automatic folding second row seats and more. Consumers can enjoy interior comfort features such as a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, telescopic steering wheel, illuminated vanity mirrors, and illuminated and cooled glove box. In addition, the EX trim level comes equipped with an active EcoMinder™ indicator for optimal fuel-efficient driving. Safety is comprised of advanced airbags, anti-lock braking, electronic stability control, traction control, brake assist system, electronic brake distribution, downhill brake control, hill assist control, and tire pressure monitoring. The Sportage AWD 4 Door EX has an MSRP of $25,400 and is backed by a 5-year/60,000-mile warranty.
o “The Sportage is a great value in the compact crossover segment, with a sporty design and functional space it is fun-to-drive, quick, well- constructed, a stranger to the pump and is worthy of a closer look from buyers wanting utility and fuel economy in a small SUV,” Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development for NADAguides.
o “It is an honor and an achievement for Kia to have two of its vehicles named to NADAguides’ very select annual ‘Must Consider’ list. The Optima and Sportage clearly embody the essence of Kia’s full model line, which is defined by innovative design, upscale features, impressive safety scores, advanced technology and an overall high consumer value,” Michael Sprague, Executive Vice President of Marketing & Communications, Kia Motors America.
• Subaru Impreza Wagon 5 Door Auto 2.0i Sport Limited—All new for 2012, the compact five-door auto hatchback is powered by a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine that produces 148 hp and 145 lb-ft of torque. Versatile by nature, the Impreza Wagon 2.0i 5 Door Auto 2.0i Sport Limited also comes standard with Symmetrical all-wheel drive and has improved its fuel economy by more than 30 percent from the previous generation with an EPA estimated 25 mpg city and 34 mpg highway. With increased interior room, the Impreza is also loaded with convenience features such as a 6-speaker audio system, hands-free phone capabilities, navigation, steering wheel controls, satellite radio, and heated front seats, making it as comfortable as it is versatile. Safety, as always, is a priority and standard features include a traction control system, tire pressure monitoring system, advanced front airbag system, side-curtain airbags and a safety brake pedal system. MSRP is $22,595 and comes with a 3 years/36,000 mile basic new-vehicle warranty, and roadside assistance for 3 years/36,000 miles.
o “Wagons are typically overlooked by shoppers weighing the pros and cons of a sedan versus an SUV, however the Subaru Impreza Wagon is a great value and offers the best of both worlds. Sporty driving performance with function and all-wheel drive, it doesn’t get any more versatile than this making the Impreza Wagon a vehicle you must consider,” Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development for NADAguides.
o “The Subaru Impreza delivers class-leading 36-mpg fuel economy with standard all-wheel drive, an improved and larger interior, all while achieving the safety and reliability Subaru owners expect,” Bill Cypers, Senior Vice President of Sales Subaru of America, Inc.
• 2012 Toyota Matrix Wagon 5 Door Manual S FWD – The 2012 Toyota Matrix is a five-door hatchback with a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine that produces 158 horsepower and 162 lb-ft. of torque. The FWD model comes with a 5-speed manual transmission and has an EPA estimated fuel economy range of 21 mpg city and 28 mpg highway. The Matrix offers a host of standard comfort and convenience features including an all-weather package, power windows and power door locks, cruise control, power heated outside rearview mirrors, tilt and telescopic sport steering wheel, auxiliary audio jack, 12-volt power outlet and an engine immobilizer. The Matrix S grade also adds metallic interior trim, a 115-volt power outlet, integrated fog lamps, fold-flat front passenger seat, remote keyless entry, and an AM/FM/CD with MP3/WMA playback capability and six speakers. Standard safety equipment is comprised of dual-stage airbags, front seat-mounted side airbags, two-row side curtain airbags, anti-lock braking, electronic brake distribution, vehicle stability control and traction control. The Matrix 5 Door Manual S FWD has an MSRP of $19,565 and is backed by a 3-year/36,000-mile warranty.
o “This compact wagon is a proven driver’s car, packed with a long list of comfort and connectivity features that today’s shoppers expect. The Matrix is a great value for those looking for utility and reliability with spirited performance,” Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development for NADAguides.
o “The 2012 Matrix combines sporty styling, five-door versatility, excellent fuel efficiency and a fun-to-drive nature in an affordable compact vehicle package. With a list of available equipment that includes All-Wheel-Drive, a 115 volt outlet, and a flat-fold passenger seat, the Matrix is ready to help tackle a wide range of challenges on the road ahead. The Matrix has much to offer consumers and we are thrilled that the sporty five-door was selected to the NADAguides Must Consider List,” Mary M. Legallet, Product Manager for Corolla/Matrix/Yaris.
About the NADAguides Must Consider List
The NADAguides Must Consider list was established to assist consumers in uncovering new vehicles on the market that are less well-known, but that still offer a great value to consumers. The analysts at NADAguides review current model vehicles based on specific criteria including quality of engineering, fuel efficiency, standard safety equipment, performance, success of the vehicle for its intended function, and overall value. Based on the results of this analysis, NADAguides analysts then select vehicles to the Must Consider list.
NADAguides.com (http://www.nadaguides.com/) is the largest publisher of the most market-reflective vehicle pricing and information available for automotive, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, RVs, and manufactured homes. NADAguides.com offers in-depth shopping and research tools including a broad range of data, products and services, informational articles, as well as tips and advice. NADAguides.com also produces software, mobile applications, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks. NADAguides.com is an alliance partner of NADA Services Corporation.